Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sesame Street and Settlers of Catan

I am working on a couple of ideas for a reading/research project for school and one of the areas I am thinking a lot about is the current challenges in Ecclesiology.

In the past day or so four or five great articles on this subject have appeared on my blog reader, and yesterday was a great Systematic Theology class that touched on some related issues.

I am too busy with papers and tests to develop this or blog on it right now, but just wanted to pass on some great articles on the church.

What the Church can learn from Sesame Street

Settlers of Catan and Church membership

Two views on Christless Christianity

2 comments:

Liese said...

Fascinating links. Your research project sounds interesting.

I especially appreciated reading the 2 views on "Christless Christianity." I listened to the White Horse Inn's season of "Christless Christianity." While many of Horton's conclusions are true and accurate observations, his "premature alarmism," as Frame put it, is often annoying. I personally was glad to finally read a critique that highlighted his tendency to overemphasize the so-called wrongs of american christianity, thus leading to the reactionary pendulum swing.

Anyway, looking forward to the benefits of your project on this here blog of yours.

Ethan Larson said...

yeah my research project is just too huge right now, having trouble narrowing it down! NOt that I am really well read on Horton or anything, just articles, blogs etc, but if he was a reporter he would write good copy.