Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Are you a Modern Pagan?

Don't answer that one too quickly.

Scrolling through my reader this morning I was excited to see Justing Taylor's recommendation of one of my favorite books: Peter Kreeft’s Christianity for Modern Pagans, Pascal’s Pensees Edited, Outlined, and Explained.

It has been a while since I have read Kreeft / Pascal (I had to leave my latest copy to friends in Hungary... I hope some one actually reads it.) But Pensees was a book that grabbed my thoughts in my 20s and really provoked my Christian thought life. Finding Kreeft's work some years later really helped me understand the Pensees better.

So, I thought I would pass his along Taylor's post which you can read here, and add my own ...not that my recommendation and Taylor's carry the same weight. I'll just say I have really benefited from the book, and add that, ... even if you are not a Modern Pagan ...or at least don't think or realize that you are yet, read Pascal with Kreeft's help, and prepare to be provoked in your Christian life and thinking.

No comments: